Electronic Resources & Online Services
- Open Library : An electronic book resource containing over a million e-books.
- Project Gutenberg : Offers over 45.000 e-books in various formats.
- Internet Archive - Universal Library : The Universal Library Project, sometimes called the Million Books Project contains over 100.000 books.
- Canadian Libraries : Contains items from various Canadian Libraries.
- Kitabosunnat Islamic Books Collection : Includes approximately 3000 books about islamic topics.
- Aldebaran : Large digital library of Russian books, as well as translations into Russian.
- Bartleby.com : Bartleby.com provides the full text of hundreds of classic/older works in reference, poetry, fiction and nonfiction.
- Complete Works of William Shakespeare : This site has offered Shakespeare's plays and poetry to the Internet community since 1993.
- Digital Library for International Research : E-resources on the DLIR website currently include : digital access to rare research materials, e-books in indigenous African languages, sixteen important early maps and related information from the Mediterranean region, digital versions of novels, textbooks, and educational journals.
- Open Humanities Press : Open Humanities Press is an international, scholar-led open access publishing collective whose mission is to make leading works of contemporary critical thought available worldwide.
- DOAB : Directory of open access books contains nearly 2000 academic peer-reviewed books.
- OAPEN : Contains freely accessible academic books, mainly in the area of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Cookbooks and Home Economics Collection : Includes books covering topics on cookery, textiles, family and home, budgeting, domestic sciences.
- Magazine Rack : Over 5000 publications are available from several magazines or montly publications.
Journals, Academic Papers & Articles
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) : DOAJ is an online directory that indexes and provides access to quality open access, peer-reviewed journals.
- arXiv : Open access to 931,527 e-prints in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Quantitative Biology, Quantitative Finance and Statistics.
- JURN directory : 3,000 links to selected arts & humanities ejournals.
- Oxford Open : Contains nearly 20 open access journals from Oxford University.
- IDEAS : One of the largest bibliographic database on Economics, containing over 1.500.000 items available.
- Duke University Scholarly Articles : Contains articles from Duke University library services.
- Academic Journals : A broad-based publisher of peer-reviewed open access journals. Academic Journals currently publishes 108 open access journals covering art and humanities, engineering, medical science, social sciences, biological sciences, physical sciences and agricultural sciences.
- Journal of Higher Education Outreach & Engagement : Interdisciplinary journal to advance theory and practice related to all forms of outreach and engagement between higher education institutions and communities.
- Central European Journal of International and Security Studies : Triannual peer-reviewed academic journal that addresses theoretical and empirical issues in the fields of international relations and security studies.
- Journal of Politics & Society : An academic journal of the social sciences published twice a year by the Helvidius Group, a nonprofit student organization at Columbia University.
- Caucasian Review of International Affairs : A quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal covering the countries of the Caucasus and issues of contemporary international relations.
- Journal of Political Ecology : An annual, open access peer-reviewed academic journal covering political ecology.
- Journal of World-Systems Research : A biannual, open access, peer-reviewed academic journal in the field of world-systems analysis that was established in 1995 by founding editor Christopher Chase-Dunn.
- Anamesa : An interdisciplinary academic journal published by New York University, specifically by students of the John W. Draper Master's Program in Humanities and Social Thought.
- First Monday : An open-access electronic peer-reviewed scientific journal for articles about the Internet.
- GHLL : A literary journal published by Truman State University.
- Digital Humanities Quarterly : A peer-reviewed open-access academic journal covering all aspects of digital media in the humanities.
- Culture Machine : A peer-reviewed open-access academic journal of culture and theory that was established in 1999.
Academic Search Engines
- Archival Research Catalogue : The online catalog of NARA's nationwide holdings in the Washington, DC area, Regional Archives and Presidential Libraries.
- BASE : One of the world's most voluminous search engines especially for academic open access web resources.
- CiteuLike : A service for managing and discovering scholarly references. It offers nearly 7 million articles.
- Infomine : Contains useful Internet resources such as databases, electronic journals, electronic books, bulletin boards, mailing lists, online library card catalogs, articles, directories of researchers, and many other types of information.
- Google Scholar : Provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites.
- Refseek : A web search engine for students and researchers that aims to make academic information easily accessible to everyone.